Thursday, November 30, 2006

Working on FuQi's room




This week didn't start very well. I had to leave work with a terrible cold on Tuesday and barely managed to get myself into bed. DH Magnus left for work and I slept and wiped my nose most of the afternoon and evening. Yesterday M moved our home office into the walk-in-closet all by himself and I cheered him from the TV sofa. Today I finally could lift my head from the pillow and we painted the room in 1 ½ hour! It looks really great, just the pale pink colour I had imagined and we put some toys in there to make it more cosy for the moment. Tomorrow we will buy a chest of drawers and then we can put all of her clothes in her new room. We will also organize the bed, a bed to sit on and read or just play in. She will have her crib in our bedroom to start with. My sister and nieces let us have their play stove and a couple of friends brought a rocking horse and a doll stroller. We have tons of stuffed teddies and animals ready but will not put all in her room at once, we don't know how she will react to them.

Today we went shopping for diapers, formula, canned food and such items. Some dishes look really tasty, some don't, but they sound good :) I guess her mom and dad will have to try her food eventually. I'm not sure all of our neighbours know we're adopting but today they must have got it, the diaper pack was huge and it's logo was enormous! "Did you see the couple in no. 3? They brought a couple of diaper packs in from the car, what will they use them for, they don't have any kids!" Yet!! Our kitchen window is facing the street and we can watch all neighbours drive by on their way to work and so on. I guess some of them will crash into our fence once they see our little FuQi at the table. We will keep our camera close by, ready to take a picture...

We haven't started packing yet but we'll have to any day. I bought some Pack-Mates from the Internet and I really hope they will do their job. We plan to take one suitcase each and if we do some heavy shopping in China we'll buy a new bag there. The weather in Beijing seems to be kind of the same weather we have here but Jiangxi is warmer. I'll bring my anorak and some warm sweaters so I can choose how many layers I need. I've heard the Great Wall use to be very windy.

Still waiting for TA but hopefully they will show up soon.

No comments: