Friday, November 24, 2006

Another weekend



Today's Friday and another weekend is here. DH is working the entire weekend and I plan to do some baking, first batch of saffron buns for the season. Saffron buns are special for Christmas, in Sweden and the Nordic countries at least, and I always bake my first batch around December 1st. I hope they will last until we leave for China (they seem to evaporate in the freezer while I'm at work and DH has a day off). This Christmas will be different in so many ways and I need to keep some of my "old" traditions in the middle of the chaos around us travelling to China to meet our first. There actually is no chaos but we still have a zillion things to do before we go. I'm taking two days off from work next week to be able to catch up in all the paper work that is inquired for the adoption, to finish FuQi's room and to plan what to pack and bring to China.

Yesterday there was a package in the mail for FuQi, it was a soft pink jumpsuit from her paternal grandparents. My mother came to visit last weekend and she brought a cuddly bunny with long rustling ears and a rubber ring to chew on attached to it's back. We will bring it to play with in China. The info we got about her says she likes to ride in her stroller (I hope she will like the "Off-road" stroller "Emmaljunga City Cross"we bought for her), has a ready smile and laughs out loud when being amused. I hope she likes to be cuddled, I can't wait to hug her!

Still waiting for TA but according to preliminary travel plan we will meet her in less than 3 weeks!

No comments: