Thursday, December 07, 2006

TA today!

Today our agency called to inform us about our TA, it has arrived at the agency but there is not enough time to mail it to us. One original TA is kept at the CCAA and we will receive our copy when we get there. They told us to go ahead with our preliminary flight plans to Beijing and travel agency confirmed booking later today. We will have e-tickets but FuQi's is an ordinary paper ticket and has to be mailed to us, it will arrive tomorrow.

Last weekend we changed the money we will need for hotels and domestic flights in China and also for shopping. We bought most of our currency in USD travel checks but also some cash yuan. There will be no time for gift shopping for the SWI or their nannies so we have to go shopping again this Sunday. Magnus put together the new chest of drawers for FuQi's room and I filled it with her clothes. Some of the outfits we bought will be too big for her now so she will be well dressed for a long time. Perhaps too many pink outfits though... On her list to Santa this year she wrote "clothes, but not pink ones"... OK, I wrote her list this year :)

We picked up her stroller this Tuesday. It was in two pieces, easy to assembly. It looks great and I drove around in the living room to test it. Neighbours must think I'm crazy... We bought a highchair at IKEA and some formula bottles in the baby's store. Perhaps she don't like formula, it didn't say in the report we got with the referral. It says she eats milk and cereal, rice porridge, pork bone soup, vegetable purée and fruit purée. I hope she will like nachos :)

Tomorrow is my last day at work for 8 months. We will have our annual Christmas party in the evening and it will be a nice way to end this year. My colleagues say I'm welcome to visit as long as I bring FuQi and some cake. I guess they mean homemade cake and sure hope there will be some time to bake, I just love to bake! There are still saffron buns in the freezer, perhaps because we haven't got the time to relax and take a cup of coffee and some buns at the moment... We really need to start packing now...

I don't plan to bring a lap top to China so perhaps this will be my last post before traveling to China to meet FuQi. In that case I will tell you all about out trip and our first meeting after we get back on Dec 27.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you will check out my blog later!

No comments: